Dempsey Press Inc.
President & Junior Pressman 2009 – Present
Co-owner, with my fiancée, Dempsey Press is a printer of fine letterpress products. Responsibilities include marketing, web, social media, accounting and a million other little things. My fiancée, our Creative Director and Press Operator, is patiently teaching me to operate our vintage Heidelberg Red Ball press.
- We use Shopify!
- Orchestrated a successful public launch in November 2010 with great Google rankings, a strong Facebook and Etsy following, growing email list and an article in the Ottawa Citizen.
Freeman Gomez Inc.
President 2009 – 2010
Partner in full service marketing agency serving Ottawa and Toronto clients such as Urbandale Construction and E.R. Fisher. Originally started as a home for our freelance web design work, we quickly expanded as clients requested our expertise in other areas.
Services included branding, online and offline strategy, online/print/event development and implementation, SEM, SEO and social media marketing.
Winner of the 2010 Sammy Award for Best Home Builder Website in Ottawa for www.urbandale.com.
- Redesigned the user interface for version 4.6 of Ticoon Technology's Advisor Portal, a SaaS product for large financial institutions.
Lemond Language School
Teacher – Business and Marketing English 2008 - 2009
In 2008, I obtained a work permit for France and moved to Paris for a year. I continued to do some freelance strategy work for clients in Canada and one in Paris. My main employment was teaching business and marketing English to corporate clients.
Tutored C-level executives including the review and editing of confidential presentations, documents and conference calls.
Armstrong Partnership LP
Digital Strategic Planner 2007 – 2008
In this role, I worked with all client teams to develop long-term online strategies for major brands such as MasterCard Canada and U.S., Heineken Canada, Hill's Pet Food and Colgate-Palmolive. I was a member of the New Business Committee consisting of the President and Executive Directors.
Developed and oversaw online promotions and loyalty programs that integrated with offline marketing efforts and CRM.
- Together with the Digital Creative Director, re-organized and optimized
the Digital Department to become a focal point of the agency.
- In Q1-2008, I was instrumental in winning over $600,000 in new digital business while increasing revenue from existing clients.
Armstrong Partnership LP
Director Contest & Legal Compliance 2002 – 2007
I began as a freelance envelope stuffer for contest fulfillment. I proposed that I create a centralized contest department that would lower legal costs and allow account managers to focus on current programs. Within two years, I had grown the department to over $1 million in revenues. Though not part of my original job description, I was sought out by all account teams for brainstorming and idea generation when developing or pitching new programs.
- Department was responsible for all legal compliance, contest development and fulfillment of programs in Canada and the U.S.
- Agency saw the department as a point of differentiation within the industry.
- Chaired legal roundtable at the 2005 Canadian PROMO! Awards, the awards ceremony for the Canadian Promotional Marketing Association.
AISEC Intern (Fund Management Dept.) 2000
As part of a university work exchange program I worked in Budapest for one of Hungary's largest banks in their mutual fund department. I assisted the fund managers with their data analysis and research needs.
Developed Excel spreadsheets using Bloomberg terminal to track fund holdings and arbitrage opportunities in real-time within the Hungarian bond and equity market.
Clerk 1998 - 2000
I worked at Stats Canada throughout university, first as a Data Entry Clerk and then as a Clerk in the Fruits and Vegetables Division.
- Collected and scrubbed data on fruit and vegetable production from a variety of sources dating back to 1905 for new database.
Canadian Youth Business Foundation & Canadian Youth Foundation
Intern and Web Developer 1996
I worked for the CYF during my last year in high school while they were developing and launching the CYBF. I pushed the CYBF to use a website for internal and external communication rather than a toll-free BBS. I then designed and developed the first CYBF site.
Bachelor of Economics with a Minor in Business 1996 – 2001
- Experienced with SEM, SEO, affiliate marketing, and social media integration for large and small clients.
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel. Ability to work efficiently in a Mac or Windows environment.
- Working knowledge of web development including HTML, CSS, PHP, and SQL.
- Experience with the use of Wordpress within a corporate environment.
- Fluent speaker and reader in French, intermediate French writing skills.
- Quick and enthusiastic learner.
- Plays well with others.
- Consistently and quickly promoted within every company I have worked for.